For as long as I can remember peanut butter has been my all time favourite indulgence food. Growing up I ate it all of the time. Of course back then it was filled with hydrogenated oils and icing sugar. While that peanut butter still might exist, I have actually fallen in love with organic all natural peanut butter. You can find this at most grocery stores and I definitely recommend it. It is less sweet, but so hearty and really gets my peanut butter cravings under control. My next favourite indulgence food just so happens to be chocolate. What is better than peanut butter and chocolate together really?? The other night I decided I was going to replace your old fashioned peanut butter cups with something that I could actually eat (no gluten, no eggs, no refined sugar!) and came up with this super fun recipe:
- 1 cup natural (organic) peanut butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- Mix all 3 ingredients together in a bowl (use hand blender if you have one)
- Melt ½ cup of chocolate chips – I prefer to use the Camino brand (to make this quick and easy I put them in the microwave for 1.5 minutes)
- Once melted mix well and add 1 tbs coconut oil
- Scoop one tbs of melted mixture into bottom of a well greased muffin tin
- Carefully place one heaping tbs of the peanut butter filling on top of the melted chocolate (the chocolate should start to surround the peanut butter)
- Melt another another ½ cup of chocolate chips for 1.5 minutes in the microwave and mix in 1 tbs coconut oil
- Using your tbs spread 1 tbs of chocolate on top of each peanut butter cup
- By using the melted chocolate all of the peanut butter should be enclosed by chocolate
- Put the entire tray in the fridge until the cups harden – 30-45 minutes and enjoy!
I know it’s been a REALLY long time since we’ve seen each other, but just wanted to get in touch to let you know that I love your website and look forward to seeing more recipes!
I have been looking for a good cookbook that has the kinds of recipes you post and haven’t found one that’s quite what I’m looking for yet. So when I saw that you had started this website, I was very excited :). Hope things have been well with you. Congrats on your recent(ish?) wedding!