I really wanted to introduce a new recipe into my dinner routine this week so I decided to experiment with a new turkey burger recipe that is not only gluten-free, but also grain free! This little gem is packed with nutrients and I have to say it turned out to be quite delicious. One thing that I love about this recipe is that it uses turkey as opposed to beef. Turkey is very high in the amino acid Tryptophan and can be easier to digest then red meat. Tryptophan is used by the brain to create the neurotransmitter Serotonin. Serotonin is responsible for our wakefulness, alertness and most importantly our happiness!
There are only a few simple steps to this yummy recipe and I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did!
1lb of ground turkey (local or organic if possible)
1/2 cup of grated zucchini
1/2 cup of chopped granny smith apple (can also grate this is your prefer)
3 cloves of chopped garlic
3 tbs of dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
- First you are going to want to roll up your sleeves
- Combine all ingredients together in bowl and mix very well until everything is combined
- Make patties that are your preferred size (around 3″ wide works well)
- Place the patties on a lined baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 400F and cook for 40-45 minutes
- I recommend using the oven over the BBQ for this recipe since the burgers have no grains holding them together and are a bit more fragile