Hello friends! I hope that everyone is having a fantastic week. I am on day 10 of my Candida cleanse and overall am feeling more energized. There are days where the cleansing process can be exhausting and getting past those sugar cravings can be a challenge. I have been working on some fun recipes to kick the sugar cravings and allow you to still enjoy your meals while embarking on this journey so stay tuned!
Below are the complete instructions to the squash and kale pasta dish that I created earlier on this week! It was so delicious and really kept me satisfied for the evening. Now you might be wondering why it is okay to have spaghetti squash and even goat’s cheese while on the Candida diet. I have done a lot of research and these foods appear to be okay in moderation. The spaghetti squash is MUCH lower on the glycemic index than other squashes. This means that it contains less sugar and starch for the Candida to feed on. In addition, goat’s cheese (I highly recommend choosing an organic source) contains smaller proteins allowing the body to break them down faster and not sit in the gut where the Candida can be drawn to them.
Here are the steps to making this amazing “pasta” dish. Please keep me updated on your progress if you have decided to join me in doing the Candida cleanse!
– 1 spaghetti squash
– 4 cups of chopped kale
– 3 cloves of chopped garlic
– 1-2 chicken breasts washed and sliced (preferably organic)
– 12 frozen shrimp – can be pre-cooked or raw (preferably organic)
– 4-6 tbs of organic already made tomato sauce (I used Eden Organics)
– 1.5 tbs coconut oil
– 1 to 2 tbs of goat’s cheese (preferably organic)
Directions (Spaghetti Squash)
1) Preheat your oven to 400F – when ready place the entire spaghetti squash on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper into the oven. Don’t forget to poke some holes in it!
2) This will need to cook for about 45 minutes or until you can easily cut it in half.
3) Once the spaghetti squash is completely cooked and has cooled cut it in half length wise and remove all of the seeds from the middle.
4) Gently scrape the squash with a kitchen fork around the edge through to the center in order to shred the pulp into strands that resemble thin noodles.
5) Place all of the shredded squash into a bowl.
Directions (Main Dish)
1) Place oil and chopped garlic into frying pan on medium to high heat.
2) Once the garlic has began to brown, add in your cut up chicken and whole peeled shrimps. These will need to cook until no longer raw. If the pan begins to dry out add in a bit of cold water.
3) Once the chicken and shrimp are cooked, add in the kale and cook on medium heat for about 5-7 minutes or until it has completely changed turned bright green.
4) It is now time to add in the spaghetti squash followed by the tomato sauce.
5) Mix all of the ingredients together very well so that the tomato sauce is completely dispersed.
6) Leave everything on medium to low heat for about 7-10 minutes.
7) Add in any sea salt, pepper or crushed red peppers that might spice it up for you.
8) Once complete you can serve this in a bowl or on a plate, but don’t forget the final ingredient! Crumble your goat’s cheese on top and enjoy!