Happy hump day everyone! I thought it was about time that I posted a dinner recipe for you to try out! This past Monday I was really in the mood for a burger. Since I don’t eat red meat and had recently made my turkey burgers I thought it was about time to create something new. Using the ingredients available in my fridge and pantry I came up with a really tasty three bean veggie burger. I used quite a few spices and herbs to give this baby some kick. I would love to hear your feedback on the recipe!!
– 1 can of chickpeas rinsed well and drained (organic)
– 1 can of black beans rinsed well and drained (organic)
– 1 can of kidney beans rinsed well and drained (organic)
– 1.5 cups of grated carrots
– 1/4 cup of brown rice flour
– 1 to 1.5 tbs of chopped ginger
– 3 cloves of chopped garlic
– 1/2 of a chopped onion (I used spanish, but red would work nicely as well!)
– 2 tbs of soy sauce (I used Tamari Light Organic & Gluten-Free)
– 3 tbs of mustard (try to buy a brand that does NOT use sulphites)
– 2 tbs of grapeseed oil
– 1 hand full of chopped cilantro (parsley would also work well)
– Sea salt, pepper, red chilli flakes (use your preferred amount of spice)
1) Using a hand blender or food processor mix the three cans of beans together well with the grapeseed oil.
2) Place the blended mixture into a large bowl and add in all of the remaining ingredients.
3) Using a large spoon or your hands mix everything together well so that all of the ingredients are equally dispersed.
4) Using your discretion you are going to make medium to large sized patties that are about 3″ wide.
5) Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake on 425F for 35-45 minutes depending on the size of your patties. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
5) I topped mine with sliced beets and cilantro. If you eat dairy I think that goat’s cheese would be a wonderful addition!