This is such a simple and yummy recipe that is packed full of nutrients. Before we get into the preparation I want to share with you all of the amazing health benefits that this pesto has to offer:
- It is great for Detoxification & Weight Loss – There are 5 grams of fiber in just one cup of kale! This is amazing for aiding in digestion and elimination.
- It is packed with vitamins A, C and K, as well as calcium and magnesium with all help to strengthen the immune system.
- It is filled with Antioxidants such as flavonoids and carotenoids which all help to fight cancer.
- It is also extremely high in iron – in fact per calorie it has more iron than beef.
- Contributes to brain & nervous system function – it is extremely high in vitamin K which helps to synthesize spingolipds, which are the crucial fat that make up the myelin sheath around our nerves.
- Spinach is also packed with Antioxidants – such as vitamins C, E and beta-carotene, as well as zinc, manganese and selenium!
- It is also great for your skin – the high amount of vitamin A in spinach increases moisture retention throughout the epidermis, which helps to fight psoriasis, wrinkles and acne.
- Pine nuts are actually an excellent source of Vitamin D – which among many things helps us to build stronger bones.
- They are higher in protein than many other nuts.
- They are also very nutrient dense – and contain high amounts of magnesium, iron, manganese, potassium and thiamine.
- They also have a high concentration of mono-unsaturated fats – which paves the way for a healthy cardiovascular system.
- Detoxifies the body against bacteria, fungus and viruses
- Lowers blood pressure & is a natural blood thinner.
- Also great way to boost the immune system – because of its antiseptic and nutritive properties
- Has an extremely large amount of monounsaturated fat due to its high oleic acid content also know as omega 9 – this helps to lower the risk of diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Here is what you need:
3 cups of mixed kale and spinach
Half cup of olive oil
Half cup of pine nuts
Juice from half a lemon
2 to 3 cloves of garlic
Salt and pepper to preferred taste
Mix all of these together in a bowl and then mix well in food processor until smooth. Voila!!